Oh Yes! The day everyone is Irish. St. Patrick’s Day. Get together with all your friends and family to enjoy some good brews and food. A classic Irish dish and now you can make it gluten free. Here is a an amazing gluten free Irish soda bread recipe.
Total Time – 80 Minutes
Yield – 8 to 10 servings
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1. Place the raisins in a pot. Add enough water to just cover raisins. Bring to a boil and let stand for 3 minutes. Drain.
2. Sift all dry ingredients, add caraway seeds and raisins. Add slightly beaten eggs, melted butter and buttermilk.
3. Mix by hand to point that all dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Bake in a well greased round pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes. Serve with butter.